The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Wednesday 7 March 2012

"A Quilted Bridge" - The new exhibition at the Jen Jones Quilt Centre.

This weekend a new exhibition is opening at The Jen Jones Quilt Centre in Lampeter.


Welsh Quilts from Jen's Collection will be displayed together with a selection of Amish Quilts from the American Museum in Bath.  This will give us an opportunity to study their similarities and differences at first hand, all of which have been explored in a wonderful new book by Dorothy Osler.


Dorothy herself will be opening the exhibition on Friday evening and I am off to Lampeter to enjoy the experience.  Every visit to Jen's shop and Quilt Centre is a treat and I will tell you all about it on my return.


3 comments:

Jan said...

How exciting- I would love to pop over for that! Looking forward to hearing more about it later.

Andrea said...

Have a wonderful time at Lampeter! I wish I could be there to see this exhibition and to hear Dorothy talking about her book and her work. I own some of her books and I learned a lot of them. Looking forward to reading your report!

amanda white said...

I am dying to hear what exactly the Welsh connection is....
My history antennae are waving around